Dog’s Operation Day, making Mushroom Broth and our first Video!

– Friday, 21st of July –
On the one hand, I really was looking forward to that day…on the other hand, I hoped the day would never come. Bobby had two lumps, one of them was growing and thus had to be removed before it would get too big.

With a funny feeling in my stomach, we drove to the vet where Bobby got his last checkup before the narcosis. The blood test results that we received some days ago were all good so the operation could start. Bobby got an injection in his little bum which hurt quite a lot and I already felt so sorry for him. Hearing him weeping made me so sad…

It took some minutes before the narcosis started to work. Slowly he got dizzy and he could not keep his head up anymore. It looked as if he was dying…with his eyes open. Of course, I dropped some tears and then we had to go – the operation could start. We decided to stay nearby and do some grocery shopping..the time went by and I felt so nervous…what if….And then finally, I received a call from the vet – everything went fine. They were able to remove everything and we could pick him up in an hour. I was so so happy and relieved! Everything would be fine now!

When we arrived at the vet Bobby already was awake. I hoped to be with him whilst he would wake up but they wanted to wait and see whether he will have troubles waking up or not. He was laying on the ground on a sheet..looking so tiny and tired. When he heard and saw us he started wagging his tail and I was so happy to see him again. With much difficulty and support, he managed to stand up but didn’t have enough strength to find his balance. I helped him and he managed to walk some meters, not understanding why his left leg was so stiff. It broke my heart to see him that way so I picked him up, very very carefully to not hurt him and carried him to the car where he immediately fell asleep. Although I really enjoy caring for a dog (animals in general) it made me sad to see him so tired and weak. Luckily, he seemed not have any pain which was good. In the evening we already could go for a very short walk which took all his energy.


– Saturday, 22nd of July –
Bobby had a good night sleep and already seemed so much better. He could walk again, although with some difficulties and he seemed to be himself again. In the morning we went to the vet to change his dressing which ended up to be a disaster. He had so much pain when they cleaned the wound that we had difficulties keeping him calm. At one point he almost jumped off the table, knocking everything over…Normally, he is a very calm dog so it must have been very hurt to act so upset..

– Sunday, 23rd of July –
I made a healthy mushroom broth for Bobby which he loves to eat. I found the recipe on the internet and it is made by Dr. Karen Becker. It rained most of the day which made it quite difficult to find some time for the walks. The dressing must not get wet and we found out that even walking on a wet pavement after it had rained his legs and thus dressing would get wet…

– Monday, 24th of July –
Bobby was feeling better and better which makes it difficult to keep him calm. He starts to jump when he is happy and almost runs during our walks. It is nice to see him so happy but I always worry about his wound. We had another appointment at the vet and he told me that he wound was not healing so well. Bobby needs more rest, less and shorter walks – there it was. I felt a bit stupid that I had allowed Bobby to walk so much but I thought that 15-20 minutes walk were fine and would do him some good. He seemed fine at least…Now we have to take it more than 10 minutes – doctor’s orders! Damn difficult if you have a dog that loves being outside and having long walks. From 3 hours a day to 30 minutes a day is not easy to adjust to, but we will manage. We have to!

Next, to all the worrying and nursing I tried something new and filmed some bits and pieces from the last couple of days. This is the first time I film and my first time editing a film so don’t expect too much haha. I can tell you, it takes more time to edit than I thought it would but I am quite happy with the result.

I hope you all have a great week! Next post will be up on Monday, byeee.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: